Moved Out

Moved Out

A lot of people seem to lose sight of themselves when they move in with someone else. Have you seen this happen to anyone you know?

I don't know what happened to me / when I moved in with you, / but I miss that person.

└ Tags: , ,

1. Chiara says:

Makes me think of the rat story…. :)

2. Pam says:

It’s so true! I love the colours in this one, btw.

3. Cindy says:

I became better. I’m pleased with whom you’ve made me.

4. orinoco womble says:

My husband used to say, “When your mother comes to visit, you disappear.” He meant that the person he knows as his wife was swallowed up by my mother’s daughter. It made me realise how unhealthy my relationship with her was.

5. babseth says:

I’m not who I was when I moved so close to you. I don’t need you anymore, ad you can’t make me need you.

6. flower says:

After he moved out everything fell apart. When I started to show signs of life again, a number of people who knew me before I moved in with him admitted that they hadn’t been able to recognize the person I’d become in the relationship. I think they mentioned this to me half hoping that I’d return to normal on my own.

I can’t say who I miss more: Who I was before I met him, or who I was with him. I miss the confidence and energy of the first girl; the contentment and innocence of the second.

I like this image. It casts nostalgia in the light of hope. It’s warm, elegant, wide open, touching.

7. Leighchi says:

The only thing I miss since I moved in is eating breakfast before drinking tea, I always used to do it the other way around

8. Chazz says:

Saw it happen in reverse, she moved out and became someone in her own self, not simply the add on to him. I don’t know who she was before, but she is amazing now.

9. Lemurtrail says:

Ein bisschen zynisch?

10. Sometimes you become a better person, sometimes you just become different.

I think we all have a different personality for each person we interact with. The trick is to try and find companions who bring out personalities we like.

• orinoco womble says:

This is so true, Erika. I think that’s why when we tell Friend A, “Oh, you must meet B, you’ll love them”, they often don’t…because A and B respond to *us* in certain ways, but not necessarily to each other. They are different people with each other than they are with us.

11. MalikTous says:

‘On a crowded street far from the passing cars,
    I can see the world from where I am!
    People stand in line so they can buy their things,
    They buy a vegetable or a can…

‘I taste the water and the water tastes hot…
    I taste thge water and the water tastes hot!

‘Hands of love, they keep on gripping…
    Hands of love, they keep on slipping…’

(Stan Ridgway, Wall of Voodoo)