In Sync

In Sync

Is Lawrence an optimist, a romantic, or simply delusional? Underneath it all, is he setting himself up for disappointment every single time? Or was his illusion so attractive, for a while, that you played along with it?

Lawrence really believed / he was "in sync" with you.

└ Tags: ,

1. ritz says:

ask Lawrence. :p

2. orinoco womble says:

Fortunately I am not responsible for whatever Laurence may think of me, or of himself in relationship to me. However, we do have a Spanish proverb that goes: Tell me what you boast of and I’ll tell you what you lack completely.
    In my experience, the people who boast the most of being “empaths” or “compassionate” seldom are the most empathetic or compassionate people I’ve known.

Don’t talk about it, just do it. If you’re doin’ it, you won’t have to talk about it.

• ritz says:

am I sensing some annoyance or some vitriol here? :P

that’s not the most empathetic thing to say. :)

Cool down. Maybe talking about it is actually one of the steps in actually doing it.

Err… doing what?

:P

Maybe that’s why some people need to talk.

To understand.

…and be understood.

3. alice says:

in sync with me? i hate guys like that^^

• ritz says:

isn’t it cool to just connect at some level, soaring beyond the words of division (and sometimes derision)?

in sync?

with the rarest of the rare few, i love the connection.

it’s amazing when you have that snapshot of a moment – its meaning quite concrete and you know, important – and you share that eureka moment with someone.

It’s more amazing when, without the need for words or any form of communication most people have gotten used to , you’ll again have a chance to experience and validate that connection again and again.

Yeah, in sync.

My!

4. MalikTous says:

Too many would-be Lawrences have reverse thread or are SAE when I’m metric. I guess I might be hard to ‘sync’ with, but those that succeed are in for a wild ride.

Cue up Sting/Police, ‘Synchronicity’

5. Shana says:

I have to say, I love Lawrence’s green eyes.
    I’d be in sync with him!

6. Clint says:

Nobody needs a Lawrence.

• orinoco womble says:

See, this is what I meant. It’s the *assumption* on the part of the Laurences in this world that they are “in sync” with you, that irritates. Because if two people really are in syncronicity, they both know it. No words, no declarations needed. If you look too hard at a rainbow it disappears.

7. natasha says:

it seems to me that to be “in sync” with someone you have to keep connecting for a long time, keep coming up with ideas at the same time, etc etc. sure, that happens, but I don’t think that’s a kind of thing you can count on lasting for any length of time. doesn’t mean the connection was never there though.