Away from Here

Away from Here

Is there any place you need to get away from? Any state of mind or condition? Do you have a friend who is in a rut?

I have to break out of this town.

└ Tags: , , ,

1. Sophie says:

I need to get away from home. I need to be able to make decisions again.

2. Sphinx says:

I need to get away from my life…and start a new one

3. Steph says:

I need to get away from this dark cloud that never goes away. I need a permanent sun.

4. trisha says:

i need to get away from myself.

5. Azhi Dahaka says:

The idea of getting out of ourselves is how the trap holds us. Stuck as we are within ourselves we claw at the walls aimlessly while we hate what we are, rather than searching for the key of our self-transformation. I hope I find it soon or come to terms with myself as I am.

6. nick says:

I’d like to get out of my head. Just for a little bit.

7. m├Žnad says:

i need to get out of this living space. i want to still love the people i live with by the time i leave.

i want to claw my way out of winter with hot sharp nails and scrabble in the frozen ground until i hit moist green grass.

8. beth says:

like nick, i need to get out of my head.

9. Reuben Avery says:

To quote Buckaroo Bonzai: “Just remember: Wherever you go, there you are.”

There is no escape. There never was.

10. cristina says:

I need to get away from business school. It’s beating the life right out of me.

11. stardust rain says:

I’d like to get away from the path I’ve chosen.

12. Kaitlin says:

How ironic, that I just got home from staying at a mental institute for three days after an attempted suicide.

13. adam says:

Escaping is the first half the problem, the other half is usually where you end up.

14. thunder says:

its good to break out of ruts and all but sometimes its even better to settle down and learn a lessson or two before u think about up and packing your bags. otherwise we are just gypsies

15. Quin says:

i need to get away from my family… from this town. these people. i need to start over, i new place, a new name. some day, i’ll be new, and clean, and fresh. some day soon i hope.

16. Brandon Biagioli says:

I need to stay here. I feel I have found the path I am supposed to be on, and from here I can see my friends, and help them find theirs.

17. Greg Carter says:

Humans are, at our core, still herd animals. But there is a different set of predators now. We need to learn that we can walk away from some things and not be eaten by tigers. Literally and metaphorically.

18. Madness says:

I need to stop running.

19. Steph says:

My friend needs to find his green pastures. I want him to stay so badly, but I love him so much, I need to him to be free.

20. Joseph says:

My friend is in a bad place. He needs friends like me. And he has plenty. I need to stop this sic feeling thats inside of me that tears up my soul and makes the world seem terrifying and just unlivable. Maybe its not my friend who needs a pal but me who needs my friend.

21. kazi says:

the eagle wakes at the end of the storm
    feeling trapped and alone
    she glances at her home tree
    its branches, like claws to her soul
    one last cry on leaving
    her powerful wings cut the air.
    as she soars through moonlight skies
    looking, searching
    her graceful wings beating
    to find her final place of rest
    each branch she spies she settles
    then rises once more
    for none feel right
    until she sees a warm
    open, loving tree
    its branches thick and safe
    she perches
    and breathes
    and sleeps
    on a branch, once a claw
    now a hand
    wrapping her in the security she needs.
    she is home.

22. Words Lost to the Walls says:

i need to get out of my head and on the road to somewhere where I can distract myself. I need to get out of my vicious circles. I need to get out of the rut of doing nothing and into the rut of doing everything.

All my friends are in a rut and then they’re out and everything in the world is perfect, then the dread fate drama falls upon them again, and I am once again the hapless pyschologist.

23. avy says:

Too many. After a while I finally learned that you can only push so hard and in the end, it’s up to them.

24. Grace says:

This is exactly how I feel. I’m angry and sad and want to run away so badly. I can’t though. It’s not just me. Maybe I’m in denial. Maybe running won’t really help anyway. Maybe if you run you run in a circle and end up where you started.